What is NCSC
According to the Decision n. 781 of the Government of the Czech Republic from 19th October 2011, the National Security Authority was established as a competent national authority for the issues of cybernetic security. The Statute of the Council for Cybernetic Security was added to this Decision. The National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) has been established on the basis of this Decision as a part of the National Security Authority.
The main task of the NCSC is coordination of cooperation on both national and international level to prevent cybernetic attacks, to propose and adopt measures for incident solving and against ongoing attacks.
Main areas of activity of NCSC:
- operate the Government CERT (GovCERT.CZ)
- cooperation with other Czech CERT® teams and CSIRTs
- cooperation with international CERT® teams and CSIRTs
- drafting of security standards for different categories of entities in the Czech Republic
- support of education in the field of cyber security
- research and development in the area of cyber security